Resumes and Cover Letters
How to Create Your Résumé
For help on writing your résumé, view our Résumé Writing page.
Utilize the Résumé Development Worksheet and Action Words list to describe your experiences
Build your résumé based on the information you listed on the Résumé Development Worksheet
Samples are for Viewing
- Amy D. Smith (Resume Sample #1)
- Diane First Year (Resume Sample #2)
- Carl Class (Resume Sample #3)
- Holly Hyper (Resume Sample #4)
- MISY Student (Resume Sample #5)
- Jonathan O. Benjamin (Curriculum Vitae Sample, CV #6)
Templates are for Creating Your Resume
- Amy D. Smith (Resume Template #1)
- Diane First Year (Resume Template #2)
- Carl Class (Resume Template #3)
- Holly Hyper (Resume Template #4)
- MISY Student (Resume Template #5)
- Jonathan O. Benjamin (Curriculum Vitae, CV Template #6)
- Utilize the Résumé Rubric as a checklist.
- Have Career Services staff review your résumé and help you finalize it.
- Make an appointment with Career Services at 804-524-5211 or come during walk-in hours
- Are Cover Letters Important?
- What Should I include on a Cover Letter or Letter of Introduction?
- Cover Letter Checklist
- Cover Letter Format
- Sample Cover Letter 1
- Sample Cover Letter 2
- Sample Cover Letter 3
- Sample Cover Letter 4
- Sample Cover Letter 5