Programs & Services
The mission of Career Services is to empower students and alumni to achieve their career and educational goals by providing outstanding career development programs and services. To successfully accomplish this mission, VSU Career Services fosters partnerships with employers, faculty, staff, alumni, parents and the community.
Career Services is dedicated to helping VSU students and alumni with exploring career options and empowering them to achieve their career and educational goals. Starting freshman year, Career Services provides the following resources:
- Career Research, Exploration and Assessment
- Career Advising, Planning and Preparation
- Job & Internship Opportunities
- Graduate School Admissions Process
The Career Services office partners with faculty, staff, student organizations, and University departments in providing career programs to help students obtain experiential learning and employment opportunities related to their major. In addition, Career Services provides career coaching/advising and serves as a liaison between the student and employer. Our goal is to assist students with their overall career and professional development and provide the highest quality of service and opportunities for our students, alumni, employers, faculty, staff, parents, and the community.
The following programs and services are available to VSU undergraduate students, graduate students, and alumni:
- Career Coaching and Advising
- Career Research & Exploration
- Résumé and Cover Letter Review
- Four Year Plan
- Internship and Job Search Process - Strategies and Tips
- Interview Preparation, Follow-Up Assistance and STAR Technique for Answering Interview Questions
- Job and Internship Postings
- Internship Program
- On-Campus Recruiting Program
- Career-Related Workshops and Programs*
- Career Fairs & Industry Expos
- Graduate School Resources
- First Destination Survey (Annual Graduate Survey)
Email email@example.com to request a career-related classroom, faculty or student organization presentation, workshop or program.
Virginia State University’s Career Services invites you to participate in our On-Campus Recruiting program. Below are services that are offered:
- Information Table: Meet and greet students in the Student Union or the Academic Center for Excellence (ACE) in a visible/high traffic location.
Information Session: Schedule a time to present your organization’s information with students.
- On-Campus Interviews: Post experiential learning opportunities (internships/fellowships/research/externships, and leadership & professional development programs etc., and full-time employment opportunities and interview your selected students on campus.
- Mock Interviews: Help students practice and improve their interviewing skills.
- Programs and Workshops: Conduct a workshop pertaining to Career Development (i.e., Resume Writing, Job Search, Interviewing, Networking, Utilizing LinkedIn, etc.)
- Career Expos: Please connect with over 500 students to brand your organization and recruit for experiential learning and full-time opportunities.
If you are interested in participating in our On-Campus/Virtual Recruiting program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 804-524-5211 for assistance. Please consider the following dates when scheduling your program:
- On-Campus Recruiting Start Date: September 1, 2020
- On-Campus Recruiting End Date: November 20, 2020
- Advisory Examinations (No Recruiting Activity): September 28-October 3, 2020
We also welcome you to post your experiential learning and full-time employment opportunities to Handshake.