Apply for Housing
First Time Students
Welcome to VSU! We look forward to having you on-campus. The VSU online housing process allows all first-time students the opportunity to apply for housing in the convenience of their personal space.
The online process for first-time students consists of the online application and online payment. The online application is accessed through your banner account; a link is provided below:
Please contact our Technology Service Helpdesk at 804-524-5210 if you experience login issues.
Completing the Housing Application
- Click the link above
- Login with V#(Username) and PIN (defaulted to DOB) NOTE: Pin# = Date of Birth (enter it in as a 2-digit month, day, and year (093095)
- Click Student, Housing and Financial Aid
- Click Housing Self-Service
- Click the drop-down for Housing Application at the top
- Choose "New Student Housing Application"
- Review Terms and Conditions
- Answer application questions and make payment via the payment portal. NOTE: Be sure to see the “Thank You” notification. This will be your indication that your application has been successfully submitted.
- Priority Payment Deadline is June 1st, by 4 pm for Fall Housing
- Priority Payment Deadline is November 1st, by 4 pm for Spring Housing
- Room Deposit: $150.00
Students must complete the room deposit payment of $150.00 when completing the Housing Application online.
All first-time students will be assigned according to the date their payment is received; assignments will begin after June 1 (Fall) and after November 1 (Spring) and continue as payments and applications are received. To be eligible for room assignment students must complete their housing application and pay housing fees. All VSU students with less than 60 earned credit hours are required to live in university-affiliated housing.