Policies and Procedures
- Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation Prevention Policy, 1101
- Discrimination Grievance Procedures, 1103
- Title IX Sexual Harassment Policy, 1104
- Title IX Complaint Resolution Procedures, 1105
- Americans with Disabilities Accessibility Policy, 1003
- Civility in the Workplace Policy, 235
- Notice of Non-Discrimination
- Student Code of Conduct
Related Federal and State Laws
- Clery Act/The Jeanne Clery Act of 1990 — requires all colleges and universities that participate in federal financial aid programs to keep and disclose information about crime on and near their respective campuses.
- Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) of 1994 — expands the juridical tools to combat violence against women and provide protection to those who had suffered violent abuses.
- Campus SAVE Act of 2013 — amends the Clery Act to increase transparency requirements for colleges, guarantee rights for survivors, establish disciplinary proceedings, and require education programs on prevention and awareness.
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964/Title VII — prohibits employers from discriminating on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin or religion.
- Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964/Title VI — prohibits discrimination based on race, color and national origin in programs or activities that receive federal funds.
- Equal Pay Act of 1963 — amends the Fair Labor Standards Act, aimed at abolishing wage disparity based on sex.
- Pregnancy Discrimination Act — prohibits discrimination on the basis of pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions which constitutes unlawful sex discrimination under Title VII.
- Code of Virginia § 23.1-806. Reporting Acts of Sexual Violence (Institutions of Higher Education)
- HB913-Higher Education Institutions; sexual violence policies, immunity from prosecution, enacted April 10, 2020
- Governor’s Executive Order Number One (2018)