The Office of Equal Employment Opportunity & Title IX Compliance shares the responsibility of creating and supporting an inclusive environment free of harassment and discrimination. A variety of training and educational presentations are available for the University community.
Discrimination and harassment prevention training is available online throughout the academic year to employees and students. The training, Vector Solutions - “Not Anymore,” is an interactive video-based program of courses covering Title IX, Sexual Harassment, Primary Sexual Violence Prevention, Dating Violence Prevention, Stalking, Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention, Verbal Defense, Healthy Relationships and Campus Life topics.
In Person or Virtual
Customized information sessions for students, faculty and staff on rights and responsibilities, policies and procedures relating to Title IX, nondiscriminatory practices, common definitions, and what constitutes discrimination, sexual harassment, and how to report and respond when misconduct is experienced or observed.
Training and presentations topics include:
- Sexual assault
- Bystander intervention
- Healthy Relationships
- Complainant/Respondent Advocacy
- VSU Anti-harassment Policies
- ADA/Reasonable Accommodation
- EEO – Recruitment and Selection Best Practices
- Harassment and Discrimination Prevention
External Educational/Training Resources
(VSU not responsible for the websites’ content)
- Conducting and Adjudicating Title IX Hearings: An OCR Training Webinar - U. Department of Education
- How to Report Sexual Harassment Under Title IX - U.S. Department of Education
- Title IX Protections Against Sexual Assault - U.S. Department of Education
- Due Process Protections under Title IX - U.S. Department of Education
- OCR Webinar: Title IX Regulations Address Sexual Harassment - U.S. Department of Education
- OCR Webinar on the First Amendment and Title IX - U.S. Department of Education
- Title IX Training Series https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYrJQ3qn6Pn15VmKJDQ0lCDJeNLXhL4bm
- Thompson Coburn releases Title IX training series for institutions of Higher Education https://www.thompsoncoburn.com/insights/blogs/regucation/post/2020-07-24/thompson-coburn-releases-free-title-ix-training-series-for-institutions-of-higher-education