Undergraduate International Applicants
Requirements for Admission:
Important Notice: Prospective students from abroad should complete the online application and apply for admission for the term in which they wish to enroll. International application supplemental documents must be mailed to the Office of Admissions in order to be considered for enrollment.
Review the requirements for admission/attendance checklist below. Follow all directions and ensure that your packet contains all of the documents listed. Incomplete packets will not be reviewed.
- A completed application
- Completed International Applicant Supplement
- Official or certified copies of all academic records in Native Language to include examinations from the examinations councils (copies will not be accepted).
- Translated academic records/ transcripts, originals only, copies not accepted (We recommend World Education Services)
- Official SAT or ACT scores sent directly from test agency.
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores for non-native English speakers.
- Two letters of recommendation – Freshmen only (one must be from your Guidance Counselor).
- Personal Statement or essay on your Future Aspirations
- Proof of Immunization
Please note that your Financial Documentation should not be submitted to the Office of Admissions. The International Student Advisor will evaluate your Financial Documentation, to ensure that you have satisfied Immigration and Naturalization Service directives. The VSU International Student Office will assist all international students and exchange visitors with the submission of forms required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. If you already have a Visa or permanent residency card, submit these with your application packet. (U.S. citizens who have traveled abroad and attended a school are not classified as international students).