SCHEV Program Approvals
The State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV) is the Commonwealth's coordinating body for higher education. The Office of the Provost is the liaison to SCHEV and acts as a resource for the university community in regards to SCHEV policy compliance.
The Office of the Provost provides support and guidance for all academic program matters that require SCHEV approval and/or notification. While working in concert with faculty and staff, the Office of the Provost disseminates information on SCHEV policy and procedures and provides assistance with the formal proposal process.
The following actions require SCHEV approval:
- New Degree Programs
- Spin-Off Degree Programs
- Program Mergers
- Degree Designation Change or Additions
- Academic Program Title Changes
- CIP Code Changes
- Academic Program Discontinuance
- Creation or merging of academic departments
- Closing academic departments
- Name changes for academic departments
All proposals must be forwarded to the Office of the Provost for formal submission to SCHEV. Forms and policies are listed below:
- SCHEV Policies and Procedures for Program Approvals and Changes
- New Degree Template
- Revising Academic Degree Program Title, CIP Code, or Degree Designation Cover Sheet
- Intent to Discontinue an Academic Degree Program Cover Sheet
- Proposal for Organizational Change Cover Sheet
Other forms can be found on the SCHEV website at http://www.schev.edu/schev/formsIndex.asp#publics.
For more information about program approvals, please contact Nicolle Parsons-Pollard email@example.com or 804-524-6923.