Expecting a Refund this semester?
The University will be issuing student refunds through our payment plan administrator.
Nelnet Campus Commerce - This is an automated refund service that will provide VSU students with a choice in how they receive their student refunds.
How do I Enroll?
Follow the instructions below to access the Nelnet Enterprise Portal and enroll. You must complete this important step in order to ensure prompt and accurate distribution of any refunds you may become eligible for today and in the future.
- Click Log in to Self-Service Student Account
- Enter your User ID and PIN
- Click Student, Housing, and Financial Aid
- Click Student Account
- Click Student Payment Portal
- Fill out the Profile form and select Manage Refund
Student refunds at VSU are managed in partnership with Nelnet Campus Commerce. We offer an easy way to get your refund each semester if money is due back to you.
Students may choose how to receive their refunds by the below method:
- ACH DIRECT DEPOSIT into an individual bank account of your choice
- Note: If a refund method is not chosen via the Student Choice Refund, the student will be sent a paper check to their current address on file. All undeliverable student refund checks will be returned to the cashier’s Office. The cashier’s staff will contact the student to pick up the check. If the student does not pick up the undeliverable check within 30 days, the undeliverable check will be credited back to the student’s account and an administrative hold will be placed on the student account until the student updates their address in BANNER and makes a Student Choice Refund selection for future refunds. Once this is done, another student refund will be processed per the student’s refund choice using the new address.
From this point, you will receive an email to your VSU student email, once the refund is processed.
Once your refund is processed by Nelnet according to the refund options you have chosen, you will then receive an email from Nelnet informing you that your refund has been processed and when the funds will be available.
Parent Plus Loan credit balances are refunded to the parent unless the parent designates the student as the recipient during the loan application process. Parent Plus loan refunds are mailed to the parent's address listed on the loan application.