Expecting a Refund this semester?
The University will be issuing student refunds through our payment plan administrator, Tuition Management Systems (TMS). This is an automated refund service that will provide VSU students a choice in how they receive their student refunds.
How the Process Works
You are sent an email from the Bursar that contains information on how to enroll in and authenticate your student refund account with TMS. This email contains a unique PIN number that students must use to authenticate who they are.
How do I Enroll?
- Please choose your preferences now by clicking Make a Paymenthere choose your preferences. You must complete this simple, important step in order to ensure a prompt and accurate distribution of any refunds you may become eligible for today and in the future.
- Enter your Student ID and Authentication Values.
- Fill out the Profile form and select a Refund Method.
By check – this is the default option if you do not choose direct deposit. Refund checks can be sent to an address of your choice (in the system) Paper checks mailed off campus are issued to the most current address in Banner. It is the responsibility of the student to update their local and permanent mailing address by logging into Banner self-service.
- By direct deposit - to a bank account of YOUR choosing.
- Go to vsu.afford.com
- Log in using your VSU student email and your password (reset password if need be)
- Click on the drop down arrow, beside your name.
- Click on User Preferences
- Scroll down to My Wallet to update your refund preferences
From this point, you will receive an email to your student email, once the refund is process.
Once your refund is processed by TMS according to refund options you have chosen, you will then receive an email from TMS informing you that your refund has been processed and when the funds will be available.
Parent Plus Loan credit balances are refunded to the parent unless the parent designates the student as the recipient during the loan application process. Parent Plus loan refunds are mailed to the parent's address listed on the loan application.