Anyone with a valid reason may appeal a parking ticket within five (5) business days of the alleged violation online.
NOTE: Generally, the following have NOT been recognized as valid reasons for upholding citations, but not limited to:
- Ignorance of the regulations
- Late arrival for classes, appointments, etc.
- Inability to find a convenient legal parking space
- Inclement weather
- Returning to campus late at night
- Appeals must be filed online on the parking portal, www.parking.vsu.edu, within five (5) working days of ticket receipt. (Receipt is defined as the day following the issuance of the ticket.)
- Reviews will be considered based on the written record. (Individuals may appear before the review panel upon request.)
- The Parking Appeal Committee may uphold or deny the original ticket.
- The Parking Appeal Committee shall review the ticket after submission of the online appeal.
- The Parking Appeal Committee may, at its discretion, seek clarification from all parties involved in the matter under review.
- The findings of the Parking Committee are final and e-mailed to you.
- There are no verbal decisions provided.
- Any e-mail correspondence ‘returned’ will not be sent a second time. (Please make sure e-mail address is accurate upon submission).