Trojans Taking Care of Business
If you are NOT Registered or Validated, here are some steps to complete the process.
Have a question about your schedule? Need to talk to your advisor? Please Click Here to submit a request to your academic advisor.
REGISTERING FOR CLASSES
If you need to register for classes Click Here and select “Register Now”.
Registration Pin: ALL Returning Students will need to obtain an “alternate pin” from their advisor to register.
Students must be financially cleared (validated) each semester before being considered officially enrolled. “Validated” means that balances have been paid in full, financial aid is sufficient to cover all cost and/or other satisfactory financial arrangements have been made and certified by the Office of Student Accounts to include participation in the Tuition Payment Plan.
- Check your Validation Status – Please check your validation status on Banner. Please Click Here to view a helpful video on how to check your validation status and get validated.
- Making a One-Time Online Payment – Click Here
Enroll in a Tuition Payment Plan – Follow the steps below to access the Nelnet Enterprise Portal via Banner self-serve and follow the steps within the portal to enroll in a payment plan.
- Log in to Self-Service Student Account
- Click on Student - Student Account
- Click on Nelnet Enterprise Portal
You can also contact Nelnet via phone at 800-609-8056 or visit www.MyCollegePaymentPlan.com/VirginiaState for more information.
- Accepting Financial Aid – Here are some important steps to complete your Financial Aid process:
- Complete Entrance Counseling & Master Promissory Note. (This step is only for new students at VSU.)
- Apply for Parent PLUS Loan.
- View and accept your financial aid offer.
- To speak with a Financial Aid Representative Click Here to schedule a “virtual” appointment.
- If you have additional questions or concerns, contact the Trojan Student Online Support Team (Trojan SOS) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you need health and wellness support with, please contact the University Counseling Center
- For health-related questions, or questions about COVID-19 testing, please contact the University Health Center.
- For assistance with Email, Blackboard or Banner contact the Student Help Desk at 804-524-2000 or 804-524-5210, via email at VSUstudentHD@vsu.edu, or visit Student Help Desk Webpage.