Virginia State University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award baccalaureate, masters, and doctorate degrees. Degree-granting institutions also may offer credentials such as certificates and diplomas at approved degree levels. Virginia State University also may offer credentials such as certificates at approved degree levels. Questions about the accreditation of Virginia State University may be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, by calling (404) 679-4500, or by using information available on SACSCOC’s website (www.sacscoc.org).
View additional information on the VSU accreditation with SACSCOC, the SACSCOC accreditation process and/or the process to file a complaint against a SACSCOC institution.
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET)
- Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND)
- Accreditation Commission for Programs in Hospitality Administration (ACPHA)
- Association of Technology Management and Applied Engineering (ATMAE)
- Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
- National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD)
- National Association of Schools of Music (NASM)
- Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (NCATE/CAEP)
The full list of most recent colleges and programs with specialized accreditation is available.