Virginia State University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate, masters and doctorate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Virginia State University.
View additional information on the VSU accreditation with SACSCOC, the SACSCOC accreditation process and/or the process to file a complaint against a SACSCOC institution.
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET)
- Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND)
- Accreditation Commission for Programs in Hospitality Administration (ACPHA)
- Association of Technology Management and Applied Engineering (ATMAE)
- Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
- National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD)
- National Association of Schools of Music (NASM)
- Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (NCATE/CAEP)
The full list of most recent colleges and programs with specialized accreditation is available.