Student Success with VSU Remote Instruction
Students, your academic success is an essential part of your experience as a VSU Trojan. Preparation, participation, and engagement in your online courses are the keys to your success. View the information below to get started. VSU uses the Blackboard learning management system to deliver online courses. Your instructor will use the Blackboard for each course to provide you with class information and content. View the video below to see steps you must take to access your online courses: Accessing Blackboard: https://youtu.be/EO8jTNf0Syk
The TROJAN SOS group actively assists students or locate points of contact as you navigate through your courses and remote instruction. If you need assistance, do not hesitate to contact TrojanSOS@vsu.edu
To assist you in transitioning to remote instruction, confirm the following:
Prepare for Remote Instruction
- Enroll in the Self-Service Reset Password Management program (SSRPM), which will give you the ability to reset your VSU Network password. Go to https://reset.vsu.edu and select Enroll into SSRPM.
Confirm Your Connection
- Access to technology (Laptop, PC, Smartphone, Tablet)
- Functionality of devices used to access remote instruction (ex. Do they work? Do they support the software/programs needed to connect to Blackboard?)
- Access to reliable internet connectivity at home/in-home location (ex. local public library, Panera Bread, McDonald’s, family/friends, etc.)
- Internet Service Providers (ISP) offers in response to the Coronavirus pandemic
Participate in Remote Instruction
- Check DAILY for emails from your professor / from Blackboard courses.
- Check Junk Mail folders /Clutter folders DAILY for misdirected emails.
- Review each professor’s Blackboard site for instructions.
- Keep course materials handy (ex. textbooks, study guides, and other course materials you were using before the transition to remote instruction)
- Practice with any apps your professor requires for participating in online activities (ex. instructional videos, Zoom Meetings, YOUTUBE videos, etc.)
- Be organized – Map out time to be online. Make a calendar of assignment due dates.
- Be self-disciplined - Take responsibility for completing tasks/posting assignments on time.
- Be present!! (Log in frequently – Attendance still counts!!!)
- Ask questions and engage your professors – Remember that this is YOUR educational experience. Be an ACTIVE learner.
- Blackboard Learning Management System
- Blackboard Tutorials
- Student Help Desk
- Access all student resources using Trojan Link
Key VSU Web Pages
VSU uses the Blackboard learning management system to deliver online courses. Your instructor will use the Blackboard for each course to provide you with class information and content.
View the video below to see steps you must take to access your online courses: