Virginia State University Now Accepting Applications For Free Tuition For Local Students For The 2023-2024 School Year
There are opportunities to attend VSU tuition-free through the VSU Virginia College Affordability Network (VCAN).
More than 500 qualified students have already taken advantage of the VCAN opportunity. You can too.
To qualify, students must be Pell grant eligible, meet the University admission requirements, and live within a 25-mile radius of the University. This initiative provides qualified students, who have limited financial resources, the option to attend a four-year university directly out of high school.
The VSU VCAN initiative builds upon the mission of the National College Access Network; which is to build, strengthen, and empower communities committed to college access and success, especially for those who are underrepresented in postsecondary education.
To qualify for free tuition, a student must:
- Complete the VSU online application and meet admission requirements
- Have a completed FAFSA on file with VSU (Virginia State University's school code is 003764) and be Pell-eligible
- Graduate from a high school within 45 miles of VSU's campus
- First-time, first-year freshman (dual enrollment credits are welcomed)
- Non-refundable Admissions Enrollment deposit paid
- 2.5 high school GPA
For more information or to apply, go to https://www.vsu.edu/admissions/vcan/index.php.