Every Student Who Has Submitted a VSU Housing Application will Receive a Housing Assignment
Greetings, Trojan Family, We are excited to welcome each of you back for the upcoming fall semester. We are thrilled to welcome more than 1500 new students to our Trojan Family this semester. This is evidence that the word is spreading that Greater Happens Here. At VSU, we aim to offer a transformative education to anyone who desires our unmatched VSU experience. That goal comes with its share of growth challenges. We know that you agree that VSU’s growth and the opportunity to educate other students just like you are worth these temporary challenges. To that end, please note the below updates on VSU housing for fall 2023.
EVERY STUDENT WHO HAS SUBMITTED A VSU HOUSING APPLICATION WILL RECEIVE A HOUSING ASSIGNMENT.
Currently, on-campus housing is full. To accommodate the increased requests for student housing, students are being assigned to one of our partner off-campus housing options, which include local hotels, apartment complexes, and Richard Bland College. Every student who has submitted a housing application has either already received their housing assignment or sent a notice in their BANNER account indicating that their room will be assigned as soon as spaces are ready. Two new modular annex locations will be ready for occupancy before classes begin. The last annex will be available for students in September. Some off-campus students will be reassigned to that unit once it is complete.
VSU HOUSING INFORMATION AT A GLANCE:
- Housing will be offered for all VSU students who have applied for housing.
- Every student who submitted a housing application has already received their housing assignment or sent a notice in their BANNER account indicating that their room will be assigned as soon as spaces are ready.
- Housing locations include both on-campus and off-campus sites.
- Off-campus sites include Richard Bland College, six area hotels, and two area apartment complexes.
- VSU housing staff will be available at all on-campus and off-campus locations to assist students.
- VSU will provide shuttles to all off-campus sites.
- The shuttle routes and real-time GPS of the shuttles will be available via an app.
- VSU will provide increased security at all locations.
- Students assigned to the off-campus locations will have access to on-campus dining facilities.
- A commuter parking lot will be available on campus.
- There is no additional cost (outside of housing fees) connected to living in the off-campus housing facilities.
Please note that everyone who has submitted an application for VSU housing will receive a housing assignment.
VSU is committed to working with students to ensure a holistic college experience and providing residential communities that support academic and personal growth on and off campus. We are excited to see the growth at our university. We are grateful to each of you for your commitment as we welcome our new and returning Trojans to the LAND OF TROY, where GREATER HAPPENS HERE.