Board of Visitors Public Comment Meeting Notice
The Board of Visitors will hold a public comment period on a proposed mandatory fee increase on Wednesday, February 2, 2022, from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. at the Gateway Dining and Event Center. The University proposes to increase the technology fee by $500 to a total of $729. The proposed increase is due to upgraded technology in the University’s classrooms, computer stipends for students, and the continued replacement of antiquated technology.
Members of the Board will be present at the meeting where University officials will provide an explanation of the need for the proposed fee increase and the Board will receive public comment in accordance with Code of Virginia 23.1-307 (D)(E). The public comment period will be the opportunity for members of the University community, as well as members of the public, to share their thoughts with Board members about the mandatory fee increase.
Individuals who desire to speak before the Board are required to pre-register on a first-come, first-served basis for the public comment period. Speakers will be asked to specify their affiliation, if any, with Virginia State University. All remarks must be relevant to the proposed increase in the mandatory fees. Those persons interested in participating in the public comment opportunity must adhere to the following guidelines:
- By Monday, January 24, 2022, speakers must complete the electronic pre-registration form located at the following link: https://bit.ly/3zzHAN5
- Limit comments to 3-minutes
- Provide a written copy of their comments to the Board Secretary
The Executive Committee of the Board is expected to vote on the proposed increase on 1:00 p.m., March 18, 2022, in the Gateway Dining and Event Center. In lieu of oral comments, written comments will be accepted until March 9, 2022 (7 business days before the March 18th meeting). Written comments can be submitted in the following ways:
- Email address: email@example.com
- Mailing address: Board of Visitors, P. O. Box 9001, Virginia State University, VA 23806
- Hand Delivery: Board of Visitors, c/o The Office of the President, Virginia Hall, Third Floor.
All comments will become a part of the public record. The Board will not respond to oral or written comments.