Virginia State University Board of Visitors
Virginia State University Board of Visitors Committee and Full Board Meetings September 16-17, 2021
In accordance with the Code of Virginia, the Board of Visitors of Virginia State University will hold its meetings on Thursday-Friday, September 16-17, 2021. The meetings will be held at the Welcome Center in the VSU Multipurpose Center located at 20809 Second Avenue. There will not be an opportunity for public comment at the meetings.
September 16, 2021
- 9:00 – 11:30 a.m. Board Committee on Academic and Student Affairs
- 12:30 – 2:00 p.m. Board Committee on Institutional Advancement
- 2:30 – 3:30 p.m. Board Committee on Personnel, Compensation & Governance
- 4:00 – 4:30 p.m. Executive Committee
September 17, 2021
- 9 a.m. –12 p.m. Board Committee on Facilities, Finance & Audit Committee
- 1:00 – 5:00 p.m. Full Board Meeting
On Thursday, September 16th, at 6:00 p.m., the Board will hold a Recognition Dinner for former and retired board members with a reception from 5:00 to 6:00 p.m. Both events will be held at the VSU Multipurpose Center located at 20809 2nd Avenue, Petersburg VA 23803. No Board actions will be taken at these events.
All start and ending times for board meetings are approximate. Meetings may begin either before or after the listed approximate start time as members are ready to proceed. The Board reserves the right to change its schedule as necessary. The meetings will be held in open and closed session.
Due to continuing public health and safety concerns related to the Covid-19 pandemic, the University requests all persons to wear masks to enter the meeting space.
Attendees will also be requested to certify that they:
- Do not have any of the symptoms of COVID-19: Fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html)
- To the best of their knowledge they have not been exposed during the past 14 days to someone with COVID-19
- Have neither tested positive for COVID-19 nor are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test • Agree to wear a mask at all times and to the extent possible to maintain a 6’ distance between themselves and anyone else.
For additional information, please contact the Office of Communications at 804-524-5583.
*Note: The Board reserves the right to change its schedule as necessary. The schedule of meetings is subject to change.