College of Business Summer 2022 Student Accomplishments
The Reginald F. Lewis College of Business at Virginia State University celebrated the following summer 2022 student accomplishments.
(1) Blaise Davenport (MISY major) won a $5,000 scholarship relevant to Diversify in Tech.
(2) Jazlyn Edmunds (Management major) completed the Gloucester Institute Moton Fellows Program including a leadership visit to D.C.
(3) Emanuel Harris (Marketing major) and DeAsia Nichols (Management major) participated in the Virginia21 Summer Leadership Institute at Christopher Newport University.
(4) Kayla Perkins (Marketing minor) earned an internship for the summer at Invstr, a Fintech company based in London, but is working with the firm this summer in Texas.
(5) Nolen Dey (Management major) earned a Sales Internship for the summer at Fortune 500 Performance Food Group in Richmond.
(6) Abraham Schlossberg (Accounting major and May grad) earned a full-time position as a Wealth Associate/Financial Advisor at Bank of America.
(7) Kenneth Massenburg (MISY major and May 22 grad) earned a full time position as a Computer Deployment Specialist at Technology Integration Group.
(8) Philip Neubia (Management major) visited with 34-time Emmy Award winning director Jesse Vaughan for a mentoring session.
(9) Nigel Stewart (Accounting major) earned a paid internship for the fall semester in accounting at the Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts.
(10) Sakile Cobb (Marketing major) earned a marketing internship for the summer with Brax B Marketing in Richmond.
(11) Brianna Peterson (Management major and May grad) earned a full time position in Administration with our friends at Timmons Group in Richmond.
(12) Mia Bennett (Marketing major) earned an internship for the summer with PricewaterhouseCoopers in Alexandria.
(13) Jessica Anderson (Management major and May grad) earned a full time position at Soaring Eagles in Chesterfield.
(14) Tynese Ramos (Management minor) earned a position at the Petersburg YMCA where she teaches dance and mentors K-12 students.
(15) Blaise Davenport (MISY major) led a CodeVA workshop for K-12 students.
(16) LyAsia Monroe (Management major) earned a Certificate of Completion relevant to participating in the Johns Hopkins University Summer Business Academy.
(17) Alahna Knight (Marketing major) won a $2,000 scholarship from the Risk Management Association.
(18) Idayziah Jones (Management major) earned a paid internship for the summer at the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.
(19) Emanuel Harris (Marketing major), Tynese Ramos (Management minor) and Jasmine Pierce (Marketing major) attended the Coca-Cola Soar Program constituting a one week scholar institute from July 31 to August 5. Additionally, because of being admitted to the Coca-Cola Soar Program each were each awarded a $1,000 scholarship for next semester.
(20) Indacia Turner (Accounting major) and Nigel Stewart (Accounting major) earned a Virginia Society of CPAs (VSCPA) scholarship.
(21) Andreanna Nembhard (Management major) and Tynese Ramos (Management minor) were admitted to the Roadmap to Billions 6th Annual Conference pertinent to “Black Women Talk Tech” to convene June 15 to June 17 in Brooklyn.
(22) Blaise Davenport (MISY major) and her team won first place at the Thurgood Marshall College Fund intercollegiate competition.
(23) Jasmine Pierce (Marketing major) earned an internship for the summer at Germono Advertising in Norfolk.