Summer 2018 Student Accomplishments
The Reginald F. Lewis College of Business at Virginia State University celebrated the following summer 2018 student accomplishments.
(1) Aiyana Glover (Marketing major and May grad) earned a manager-in-training position at Perdue just down the street in Prince George.
(2) Rachel Ajibolade (MISY major) earned an internship for the summer at the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.
(3) Javae Terrell (Management major) earned an internship for the summer at Valley National Bank in Harrison, New Jersey.
(4) Steven McAlester (Marketing major) won a scholarship from the American Marketing Association (AMA Richmond chapter). Steven won second place in an essay competition and because of our success in standing up a VSU chapter Steven was eligible. Click here: http://amarichmond.org/about/ama-scholarship/
(5) Kyla Frank (Management major) won the CIAA Women’s Student-Athlete of the Year Award.
(6) Imani Groce (Accounting major) won the Trojan Champion Award.
(7) Mabertine Pierre (Management major) won the Reginald F. Lewis Most Improved Award at graduation.
(8) Destini Woods (Management major) interviewed with ABC in Richmond for a summer internship.
(9) Kenay Hawks (Marketing major and 11 grad) earned his M.B.A. from Saint Leo University.
(10) Breyana Baggett (Marketing major and 13 grad) and Kenay Hawks (Marketing major and 11 grad) got engaged to be married.
(11) Chris Fisher (Marketing major) and Kaylee Lambert (Marketing minor) were admitted to the Virginia21 Summer Leadership Institute.
(12) Corey Vickers (Entrepreneurship minor) passed his Series 7 financial services industry examination; Corey interns for our friends at Liberty Mutual.
(13) Hunter Johnson (Marketing major and May grad) earned a job as an Associate at State Farm in Richmond.
(14) Tiffany Tucker (Management/HR major) earned a position on campus until her summer internship at VDOT convenes later this month.
(15) Sierra Maddox (Marketing major and May grad) interviewed for a business-elective teaching job at Elko Middle School.
(16) Erica Pickens (MISY major) helped host Dominion’s Fabiola Argandona (Recruiter) on campus.
(17) Osak Okunbor (Accounting major) and Kire’ Worley (Accounting major) were selected to participate in the Virginia Society of Enrolled Agents 30th Annual Tax Seminar in Fredericksburg.
(18) Kierra Anthony (Marketing major) earned an internship for the summer in Atlanta as a Sales and Marketing/Management Development Associate at CMA Global.
(19) Kaylee Lambert (Marketing minor) was profiled on VSU Today at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9VbSI1dkEM&t=6s
(20) Ibukun Jimoh (Accounting major and May grad) earned a full-time position at SunTrust Bank; Ibukun had earned an offer from Tax Solutions Alliance but decided on SunTrust. Ibukun had been working in the VSU Budget Office.
(21) Tajaiana Menchion (Management major and International Relations minor) has been selected to study abroad in France next semester. This summer Tajaiana was selected to spend a week in June in Mexico studying the implications of insects on international relations. Last semester Tajaina studied abroad in China.
(22) Sefiyetu Abdullah (Marketing minor) and Cheyanne Thomas (Marketing major) interviewed for a paid internship with the Petersburg Chamber. Sefiyetu currently interns for the Virginia Film Office and Cheyanne just concluded her internship(s) with Waukeshaw and with Daily Jolt.
(23) Destiny Blount (Management major) was selected to interview for a paid internship with WestRock. If selected, Destiny will succeed Michele Gilchrist in the role.
(24) Alana Dawson (Marketing major and 14 grad) earned her M.B.A. while studying abroad in Shenyang, China. Alana studied abroad in undergrad in the College.
(25) Tamairah Marshall (Accounting major) was selected for a paid internship for the summer in the VSU Budget Office.
(26) Micah Bullard (Accounting major), Mohamed Keita (Accounting major), and Sadonia Sylvester (Accounting major) were awarded the Certified Management Accounting (CMA) Scholarship.
(27) Destiny Blount (Management major) earned a paid HR internship at WestRock for the summer along with both the fall and spring semester.
(28) Giara “GiGi” Cooper (MISY major) and Monique Daniels (Accounting major) were profiled in the Progress Index at: http://www.progress-index.com/news/20180627/vsu-students-president-talk-about-winning-hbcu-of-year
(29) Sefiyetu Abdullah (Marketing minor) and Cheyanne Thomas (Marketing major) earned paid marketing internships for the summer at the Petersburg Chamber of Commerce.
(30) In Baltimore for an intercollegiate competition, students in the College’s Future Business Leaders of America chapter were recognized for receiving the most number of awards among Virginia colleges and universities.
(31) Ishan Patel (Marketing major and May grad) bought the Produce Center #1 grocery store in Dinwiddie; described as “one of the last mom and pop style grocery stores still in operation in this area”, the store has 8,468 square feet of retail.
(32) Samuel Frankfort (Management major and 17 grad) has been admitted to grad school at VCU to earn his MBA.
(33) Sabria Butler (Marketing minor and May grad) is applying for grad school at the VCU Brandcenter; Sabria is our fourth student to apply in three years, Vanessa Brown just graduated from the Brandcenter and Mykala Daniel just finished her first year.
(34) Chavon Thomas (Accounting major and 14 grad) earned a new position as a Senior Accountant at Capital Area Health Network where Nahja Marinnie (Management/HR major and 17 grad) is the HR Director.
(35) Evans Genece (Management major) earned an International Relations internship with the American Legislative Exchange Council.
(36) Liz Mosley (Marketing minor) earned a marketing internship with our friends at NBC12 in Richmond.
(37) Danielle Stanback (Management major and May grad) earned a full-time position at the Department of Human Services in D.C.
(38) Guy DeWeever (Marketing major) interviewed not once but twice for a paid marketing internship at Altria for summer 2019.
(39) L’Nique Mone Freeman (Management major and May grad) delivered a healthy baby girl and is resting in Philadelphia; her and her husband begin their new chapter in the City of Brotherly Love.
(40) Cyrus Jones (Accounting major) earned an internship at Volkswagen.
(41) Khalil Lyons (MISY major and May grad) earned a position as an IT Specialist at Carahsoft.
(42) Kire Worley (Accounting major) married his sweetheart Brianna in a beautiful ceremony at Meadow Event Park.
(43) Deonte Barkley (Marketing major), Destiny Blount (Management/HR major), Chanel Brown (Marketing major), GiGi Cooper (Marketing major), Myia Jones (Marketing major), Tamairah Marshall (Accounting major), Tavieo Miles (MISY major), and Tiffany Tucker (Management/HR major) participated in a film shoot for a NBC commercial.
(44) Jhadee Gordon (Accounting major and 17 grad) had her oath of allegiance administered in a standing room only ceremony in Fairfax becoming a U.S. citizen.
(45) Shayla Weatherhead (Marketing major) earned a paid internship for next summer with Deloitte.
(46) Vernicia Williams (MISY major and May grad) was admitted to graduate school at Liberty University to earn her master’s in Information Systems.
(47) Ai’Jalon McGhee (Marketing major and May grad) was admitted to graduate school at the prestigious Savannah School for Art & Design (SCAD).
(48) Mohamed Keita (Accounting major) studied abroad this summer in Shanghai, China.