Notice to VSU Students
Please see the below steps in accessing your 2018 IRS Form 1098-T Tuition statements. You can now view and print this statement from within BANNER Self-Service. Original 1098-T statements were mailed to your “Permanent” address of record on January 30, 2019.
To access your 1098-T Tuition and Fee statement from within BANNER, follow the below instructions.
- Select the "TROJAN LINK" at the top of the page and then "BANNER" on the left side of the page.
- Select the "Self-Service for Students" link on the right and log into your BANNER Self Service account using your V# and PIN.
- On the Main Menu screen, select the "Student Tab" then "Student Account".
- Click on "Tax Notification".
- Enter Tax Year: 2018 and submit.
Your 2018 form 1098-T will be available for you to view and print.
Information on IRS Tax Benefits for Education can be found on the IRS website at: http://www.irs.gov/uac/Tax-Benefits-for-Education:-Information-Center
Education Credits Questions and Answers can be found on the IRS website at: http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Education-Credits:-Questions-and-Answers
Instructions for using form 8863 – Education Credits can be found on the IRS website at: http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i8863.pdf
If you should have any questions regarding your 2018 from 1098-T, please call the Student Accounts Office at (804) 524-5506