Minimum Admissions Standards
A Master’s degree from a U.S. regionally accredited college/university or a foreign degree equivalent to at least a U.S. master’s degree, OR Master’s degree in progress with no more than 12 credits remaining to complete the graduate degree. If second option, a coursework plan must be submitted indicating the timeline to complete degree. Master’s degree must be completed within 4 months of internship completion. Recommend no more than 6 credit hours during internship; courses must be asynchronous and not interfere with internship obligations.
A valid verification statement signed by the Program Director of an accredited Didactic Program in Dietetics.
A minimum cumulative grade point average from the master’s degree of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Submit an online application on the dietetic internship centralized application system (DICAS) at https://dicas.liaisoncas.com by February 15th for the Spring Match.
- Pay required fees as indicated on the DICAS website (DICAS application fee for the first designation is $50 and $25 for each additional designation).
- Submit original transcripts from each school attended as instructed on the DICAS website.
- VSU Dietetic Internship Program Application Fee
- Mail application fee to: Crystal Wynn, Ph.D., RD- VSU DI Program Director, Department of Family and Consumer Sciences, PO Box 9211, Virginia State University, Petersburg, VA 23806
- Submit a money order, personal check, or cashier’s check in the amount of $50 (non-refundable).
- Checks should be made payable to VSU DI Program
- Register for Computer Matching through D & D Digital’s website, www.dnddigital.com and submit rankings by February 15th for the Spring Match. Pay required fees as required by D & D Digital website, ($65).
- Applicants matched to our program, are required to notify the DI Director of their acceptance no later than 5 PM EST on the Monday after Match Day.
Graduate School Admission Process
Once internship appointments have been confirmed, interns will receive a program information packet. Interns will be required to submit an application to the Graduate School by May 1. GRE scores will need to be submitted to the graduate school by July 15.