Bachelor of Arts in English
VSU's flexible Bachelor of Arts degree in English program lets you personalize your academic training to prepare for successful careers in varied fields. Because our major allows 42 hours of unrestricted electives, our students are easily able to explore multiple minors and/or double majors.
We invite you to declare English as your major, whether you are an entering freshman, a transfer student, or a sophomore/junior studying a related field. Because of the flexibility of our bachelor's program, many students can switch to English well into their advanced studies and still graduate on time.
Declaring an English major will connect you to our devoted faculty, active scholars and academic challenges that will engage your problem-solving skills and creativity.
- Click here for the Summary of Requirements for the B.A. in English
- Click here for the 7+7 Curriculum Sheet
- Click here for the African-American/Africana Literature Curriculum Sheet
- Click here for the Literatures of the World Curriculum Sheet
- Click here for the Creative Writing Curriculum Sheet
- Click here for the Professional Writing Curriculum Sheet
- Click here for the Linguistics Curriculum Sheet
- Click here for the Summary of Requirements for the B.A. in English with a Minor in Secondary Education
- Click here for the English with a Minor in Secondary Education Curriculum Sheet
- Click here for a comprehensive list of English courses
- Click here for a tentative 4 year course rotation for English classes. This will give students an idea of what courses will be offered in any given semester. Fall 2020 corresponds to Academic Year (AY) 3 in this rotation.
If you are a student who declared your English major prior to the fall semester of 2018, click here for your course guide.