Department of Applied Engineering Technology Advising
Advisors are here to guide you every step of the way. As an applied engineering technology student at VSU, your faculty advisor will play a key role in helping you to determine your area of focus, choosing the best courses each semester to match this focus, and even assists you in selecting the right career path for your future.
In this section, you’ll learn when you must meet with your advisor, more details about ways your advisor can assist you, as well as a list of the advisors for each of the degree and certificate programs in our department.
You may not be allowed to register for your classes until you meet with your academic advisor. It is critical and imperative that you seek your advisor’s input before registration. Your advisor is, and will continue to be, an important resource to you because s\he will help you to develop and achieve your educational goals by assisting you with:
- understanding your major and general education requirements as outlined on your graduation worksheet
- scheduling courses each semester
- recommending course sequences within your major and informing you when courses are offered
- researching internship and undergraduate research opportunities
- identifying career and professional opportunities within your major
- referring you to campus resources that may benefit you
- interpreting academic policies and regulations
- verifying your eligibility for graduation
As you can see, your faculty adviser will play a critical role in making your undergraduate experience go smoothly. For the contact information of your advisor, such as e-mail address or phone number, please refer to the Faculty Listing.