Director of Quality Enhancement Plan
Office of the Provost
CURRENT VSU EMPLOYEES ONLY
Virginia State University Office of the Provost is seeking a Director of the Quality Enhancement Plan (DQEP) to support the academic operations of planning, facilitating and implementing all aspects of the QEP. This roles provides a unique opportunity for a faculty member in becoming an instrumental part of the University’s administration. The Director of QEP will work directly with the Provost and Associate Vice Provost for Academic Affairs/Executive Director for Institutional Effectiveness on carrying out new initiatives while working to advance the University’s strategic plan. The DQEP will engage in challenging work that will further develop research and communication skills, deepen knowledge of administrative practices, and provide valuable exposure to strategic planning and expound on professional development. Candidates must demonstrate a record of leadership throughout the institution in a wide context. The successful candidate may have held a position(s) (either full time or on an interim basis) in the capacity of Dean, Department Chair, Program Director or Coordinator. Senior faculty members who have successfully chaired a major committee or faculty senate are also encouraged to apply. The DQEP is responsible for cultivating and fostering a shared University vision of academic enterprise that is consistent with the mission, principles and goals of the University while incorporating researched best practices. Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide general oversight of the QEP- Becoming Outstanding Leaders of Tomorrow (BOLT) while facilitating QEP related activities.
- Conduct necessary research, analyses and evaluation leading to the development of recommendations critical to the Provost’s decision making regarding academic policies, procedures and initiatives related to the deliverables of the QEP;
- Assists the Provost in fostering an environment that is conducive to faculty effectiveness, satisfaction and professional development in executing strategic goals and objectives of the QEP;
- Serves as liaison to Provost/AVP for Academic Affairs/Executive Director of Institutional Effectiveness in supporting faculty regarding addressing opportunities and challenges involving implementation and assessment of the QEP;
- Provide assistance to academic departments in infusing leadership activities into the curriculum
- Ensures the QEP activities remain in compliance with SACSCOC requirements while working with the Office of Institutional Effectiveness in data collection/analysis, conducting workshops, trainings and other leadership opportunities
- Works with other Academic and Administrative Units (and its constituents) to allow for continuous input and feedback regarding the QEP
- An earned doctorate degree from an accredited institution;
- Minimum of 5 years teaching/administrative experience at Virginia State University (with current academic standing)
- Thorough knowledge of University academic policies, procedures and operations
- Demonstrated commitment to education and student excellence;
- Proven skills in leadership, relationship building, and program development as well as a strong commitment to and understanding of the dynamics of a multi-ethnic, diverse institution of higher education, valuing the ideas and contributions of others;
- Demonstrated outstanding communication skills in writing, speaking and listening;
- Ability to conduct research and synthesize results to produce reports (qualitative and quantitative)
The successful candidate will be committed to the mission of the University and the leadership of the Provost; he/she will be able to exude personal attributes such as congeniality, adaptability, resourcefulness, and the ability to concurrently and effectively manage multiple task; a successful record of team development and leadership, to include personnel management, fiscal management, situational decision-making, and team building; and active participation in professional associations involving academics and related disciplines is preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
Virginia State University only accepts applications through the online state Recruitment Management System (RMS) at https://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com Resumes do not substitute for a complete online application. Faxed, e-mailed, or mailed applications will not be accepted. Interested persons must attach a letter of interest and current resume/vita.
Applications will be accepted until 5:00 pm, November 8, 2019. Screening of applications will commence immediately. Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
The selected candidate(s) may be subject to an extensive and complete background check, which may include fingerprinting. The candidate will be required to complete a Statement of Personal Economic Interest as a condition of employment, if applicable.
VIRGINIA STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WOMEN, MINORITIES, PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES, AND VETERANS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Recruitment open until position is filled
Salary will be commensurate with education and work experience