Director, Office of Sponsored Research and Programs
Virginia State University (VSU) seeks applicants for a Director for the Office of Sponsored Research and Programs. The successful candidate will provide fiscal and operational oversight to the Office of Sponsored Research and Programs and ensure compliance with all federal administrative requirements and costing principles, state regulations, grantor restrictions, and university fiscal policies in the administration of external funds.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and support the submission of extramurally-funded proposals and the negotiation of research contracts and subawards.
- Manage and monitor relevant institutional committees and offices for needed compliances.
- Interpret regulations and guidelines for the institution and maintains required policies and procedures.
- In collaboration with the Division of Finance, maintain internal control documentation in compliance with federal, state and private regulations and guidelines.
- Ensure compliance with all University policies and procedures manual for grants and contracts.
- Provides support and training to all grant stakeholders on how to more efficiently and effectively manage their respective grants in compliance with University policy, granting agency guidelines, and all applicable federal regulations.
- Stays informed of changing funding opportunities, compliance requirements, and best practices through involvement in professional networks and training opportunities.
- Keeps campus partners informed of funding opportunities.
- Prepares reports regarding grant funding efforts and successes to assist in setting priorities for the University.
Required: Bachelor’s from an accredited institution of Higher Education. Considerable experience in sponsored research administration. Knowledge of 2 CFR 200 ("OMB Uniform Guidance") and federal funding agency award administration policies and proposal submission experience particularly using Grants.gov and/or Research.gov. Experience with implementing and administering technology in support of sponsored programs operations.
Preferred: Experience working in higher education. Experience managing personnel. Active Certified Research Assistant (CRA) Certification. Knowledge of electronic procurement systems, such as eVA (eva.virginia.gov).
How to Apply:
Virginia State University does not discriminate based on age (except when age is a bona fide occupational qualification); color; disability; gender identity or expression; genetic information; military service; national origin; political affiliation; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including lactation; race (or traits historically associated with race including hair texture, hair type, and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists); religion; sex; sexual orientation; veterans status, or any other non-merit based factor in its employment opportunities, programs, services, and activities. The selected candidate will be subject to an extensive and complete background check, which may include fingerprinting, and is subject to the COVID-19 guidelines. The candidate may be required to complete a Statement of Economic Interest as a condition of employment, if applicable. Women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply!
Virginia State University only accepts applications for classified positions through the online state Recruitment Management System (RMS). Faxed, e-mailed, and mailed applications and attachments will not be accepted. Visit https://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com to complete an online application.
VIRGINIA STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Division of Research and Economic Development
Commensurate with education and work experience