College of Education
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide instruction in undergraduate and graduate Elementary Education endorsement areas and language acquisition and reading. Other duties include: ongoing scholarly research, student advising, serving on University/School/Department committees, public/private school collaboration; preparation of accreditation documents and other related activities as assigned by the department chair. Work collaboratively with Professional Education Programs and endorsement discipline faculty, as well as with other as working with other internal and external stakeholders.
- Earned doctorate in elementary education, curriculum and instruction or closely related area with an endorsement in elementary education or;
- Evidence of commitment to scholarly research and publication in elementary education;
- Experience teaching public school and university level;
Demonstrate ability to work collaboratively in partnerships with colleagues in local school districts;
- Record of excellent college teaching experience;
- Comprehensive skill in technology in the classroom.
- Experience with the accreditation process such as CAEP, SACS, and alike;
- Knowledge of Virginia Teacher Licensure Standards and possess or have eligibility for a Virginia Elementary Education teaching license required,
- Multicultural student advising experience.
K-6 school teaching experience. Reading endorsement.
How to Apply
Virginia State University only accepts state applications through the online state Recruitment Management System (RMS). Faxed, e-mailed, and mailed applications and/or attachments will not be accepted. Resumes are not a substitute for the state application. Interested persons must provide a letter of interest, resume, the names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses of three (3) professional references and transcripts. Official college transcripts will be required prior to employment (copies are permitted as a part of the application process). Visit https://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com to complete an online state application. The selected candidate will be subject to an extensive and complete background check, which may include fingerprinting. The candidate may be required to complete a Statement of Economic Interest as a condition of employment, if applicable.
VIRGINIA STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WOMEN, MINORITIES, PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES AND VETERANS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.