Reporting directly to the Associate Vice President of Advancement, the Database Analyst is a full-time valuable member of the Advancement Team with overall responsibility for organizing and integrating all information related to Institutional Advancement.
This position will play a crucial role in effectively managing and implementing a comprehensive Database that will serve the needs of many departments within the University.
- Developing and maintaining a comprehensive program for data management.
- Oversight and on-site expert for advancement CRM.
- Maintains the overall data health and integrity.
- Implement and plan upgrade to database.
- Design and maintain data security and integrity policy and procedures.
- Make corrections and additions to all database records, including all prospect/donor information and data tables.
- Design, write and implement all reports from advancement CRM.
- Continually educate requestors as to appropriate, desirable parameters
- Provides technical support and troubleshooting for gift acknowledgement and gift processing.
- Train users with varying degrees of knowledge to effectively use the database system.
- Annual production and delivery of directory.
- Implement the production of standard and special reports
- Facilitate and deliver of all communications deliverables including: mailings; labels; lists; reports, etc.
- Annual production and delivery of endowment reports, directories, etc.
- Participate in the development of the department’s strategic goals and direction; set aggressive and relevant goals for the development of these functions
- Other related duties and special projects as assigned
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university, five years related experience with computers and database management or equivalent combination of education and experience are important.
Other skills and abilities
- Experience with report writing tools and advancement CRM such as Ellucian Banner Advancement is required.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from: groups of managers, internal and external “clients”, trainees and the general public.
- Must be familiar with Advancement/Development, especially report writing, prospect management and gift processing.
- Must be proactive and have the ability to be a self-starter.
HOW TO APPLY
Virginia State University will only accept on-line applications through Recruitment Management System (RMS). Faxed, e-mailed, and mailed applications will not be accepted. Please visit http://jobs.agencies.virginia.gov to complete a state application.
The selected candidate will be subject to an extensive and complete criminal background check, which may include fingerprinting. Candidates may be required to complete a Statement of Economic Personal Interest as a condition of employment.
VIRGINIA STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WOMEN, MINORITIES, PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES, AND VETERANS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.