- Where can I find the contact information for my residence hall?
- Why did my wait list number change?
- Who do I contact for housing concerns?
- What are the housing requirements?
- Am I guaranteed housing?
- What fees do I need to pay?
- If I change my mind about living on campus, do I get my deposit back?
- Where can I obtain an Application for Housing?
- Can I choose my roommate?
- What if I change my mind and want a room change?
- What if I change my mind and need to cancel my housing assignment?
- When can I move into my residence hall?
- Is there a deadline for me to sign in?
- What if I want to move into my assignment before the first day?
- What residence halls do I qualify for?
- Can I apply to live on campus during summer school?
- Is there a deposit for summer school?
- How do I access my banner account? (PDF)
- How do I complete the online application? (All Students) (PDF)
- How do I complete a roommate match? (Returning Students) (PDF)
- How do I select a room? (Returning Students) (PDF)
- How do I select a dining plan? (Returning Students) (PDF)
- Is there an overview for RETURNING students? (PDF)
- Is there an overview for NEW students? (PDF)
Go to the Residence Hall information page.
There are no waiting list for Fall 2012-2013.
Department of Residence Life: 1-877-291-9596 / (804) 524-5011 / email@example.com
University Apartments @ Ettrick: (804) 524-5153
University Affiliated Housing during the 2012 – 2013 academic school year:
- Returning students must have completed the online application for housing (February 27-March 27)
- Returning students must register for Fall 2012 Classes, prior to completing the online room selection (April 5-18).
- Returning students must pay $150.00 Non Refundable Room Reservation Fee by March 27 2012. The fee must be posted to your account not later than March 27, 2012.
- New students must be admitted to the university
- New students must pay $150.00 non-refundable Room Reservation Fee and pay $150.00 room damage deposit prior to May 1.
- New students must have completed a paper application for housing prior to May 1. (payment of fees only, will NOT be sufficient in applying for housing) - paper applications are included in your Trojan Book
* Payment of fees and submission of a housing application DOES NOT guarantee housing. Space is limited and given away first come first serve.
University Apartments @ Ettrick during 2012-2013 academic school year:
- pay $150.00 administration fee (non-refundable)
- pay $150.00 damage deposit (refundable)
- pay $35.00 application fee
Payments should be made directly to the UAE leasing office not the university cashier. Ensure that you do not have an outstanding balance with Student Accounts. Students MUST have earned 24 or more credit hours at the time of application submission.
VSU does NOT guarantee housing. VSU houses students whose Housing & Food Service Agreement and fees are received before the deadline date and on first-come first-serve basis.
Payment of the Room Reservation Fee should be submitted to the Cashier’s One (Make Checks Payable to “Virginia State University”). Returning Students: Payments must be posted to your banner account not later than March 27, 2012. New Students: Payments must be posted to your banner account not later than May 1, 2012
- In Person: Room 112, Virginia Hall
- By Mail: Virginia State University, Cashiers Office, Campus Box 9125, Virginia State University, VA 23806
- By Phone: (804) 524-5150 (Credit Card payments)
- Hours: Monday-Friday: 8:30am - 3:30pm | Tuesday 8:30am - 3:30pm & 4:30pm-6:30pm
- In Person: UAE Leasing Office
- By Mail: UAE Leasing Office; 4010 J. Mitchell Jones Drive, Petersburg, Virginia 23803
The Room Reservation Fee of $150.00 is non-refundable and Damage Deposit of $150.00 is refundable. The room reservation fee is a down payment on your tuition. Students who withdraw from the university will not receive that fee back. For students who receive a housing assignment and would like to cancel must do so prior to May 15 (Fall) and November 15 (Spring) or risk room and board charges. Please see your Housing and Food Service Terms and Conditions for more details.
The online housing process is divided into (3) steps for Returning Students
Step 1: Submit your online housing application between February 27- March 27
Step 2: See your lottery number time in MyHousing April 3
Step 3: Complete the room selection process between April 5- April 18 (you must have paid your fees and registered for classes)
The housing process is divided into (2) step for New Students.
Step 1: Complete the paper application and submit fees before May 1 for Fall 2012 and November 1 for Spring 2013.
Step 2: Housing officials will assign those students who have paid their fees, completed an application and are enrolled.
First time students can not select a roommate or residence hall. The housing office makes all assignments for new students. Returning students are able to select their roommate following the online room selection process.
Once an assignment is made it will be considered final. Students may request room changes during the Room Change Period, which begins shortly after the conclusion of the Validation Process, generally 2-3 weeks into the semester.
- Students who need to cancel their housing assignment must do so writing by May16, 2012. Canceling this agreement after the stated deadline will result in prorated charges according to the date the assignment is dropped or full charges if canceled after the fifth day of class.
Failure to claim a room assignment by the designated date(s) will result in the student automatically forfeiting their room assignment, without notice, and possibly the right to a reassignment during that term.
|New Student Move-In Date:||Sat. & Sun. August 11 & 12, 2012|
|New Student Housing Forfeiture Deadline:||Monday, August 13, 2012|
|Returning Student Move-In Date:||Tuesday, August 14, 2012|
|Returning Student Housing Forfeiture Deadline:||Wednesday, August 15, 2012|
Early Arrivals - The department of residence life does not accommodate early arrivals. Students must abide by the posted move in dates.
Late Departures – Residents seeking to remain on-campus beyond the stated contractual period (i.e., term breaks and year closings) must submit a written request to the Director of Residence Life by the last day of regular classes prior to the subject break. Any resident approved by the Department of Residence Life to remain after the closing of Residence Halls will be assessed $40.00 per day, to be paid in advance to the Conference Services Office.
New and first time students are assigned by the housing office. Returning students will have the ability to select from the below listed residence halls.
Students who wish to live on campus during the summer sessions should complete an online Summer School housing application in MyHousing through their Banner Account.
No, there is no deposit for school, students only need to complete the online application.
Summer Session students can not make roommate selections.