Priority 4: Infrastructural Innovation
VSU will invest in state-of-the-art Information Technology infrastructure to support teaching, learning, research, and administration.
The dynamic nature of the modern academy means that success of faculty, staff and students cannot be achieved without a renewed commitment of the University community to a more robust infrastructure, which embraces the effective and efficient use of technology. Administrative policies and procedures should facilitate progress towards the university’s goals and objectives.
- A hallmark of VSU will be its customer-service oriented culture of collegiality and efficiency via cutting-edge, cloud-based IT solutions;
- Enhance operational infrastructure, addressing such processes as academic advisement, early intervention, fundraising, enrollment management, and human resources management.
Assessment Measures and Implementation Strategies
- By fall 2018, 75% of VSU personnel-related operations will be "cloud-based".
- Create mobile apps for improved stakeholder services.
- Banner (cloud) off-site hosting.
- Provide incentives for on-line/on-time registration.
- By fall 2014, VSU will be a Level II institution.
- Implement Banner 9.
- By fall 2014, utilize a suite of Banner-relevant/related software products to automate operations in each of the University’s major units.
- Increase university-wide learning and business technology capabilities.
- Improve access to University data for mid-level managers’ decision making, using such tools as predictive analytics.
- Implement Degree Works, Course Signals, EMS, Banner Advancement, Banner Admissions, Blackboard Analytics, Predictive Analytics, and Weave Online.
- By fall 2015, 95% of internal and external stakeholders will indicate satisfaction with the campus environment.
- Cultivate a workplace that is collegial, respectful, and inclusive.
- Revise the Faculty Handbook.
- Revise faculty evaluation process.
- Provide leadership education for all levels of administration.
- House disciplines/colleges in contiguous spaces.
- Implement a customer service program.
- Implement a faculty development program.
- Implement a staff development program.