Travel charge cards provide traveling employees with a means of charging expenses incurred while conducting official State business only, thereby reducing the need to the issue cash travel advances.
These procedures provide instructions on how to apply for a Corporate Travel Card and general guidelines for the University’s Travel Program.
Corporate Travel Charge Cardholders are required to complete an annual Employee Agreement Form. New Applicant must complete the Corporate Travel Employee Agreement and send the original to the Purchasing Department, Program Administrator, P.O. Box 9214 before the application can be submitted to the Bank of America.
The employee will receive an email from Commonwealth of Virginia Charge Card Administration with a reply to email address of firstname.lastname@example.org providing the information needed to log on to a one-time use only, secure website in order to enter the data necessary for the application process.
- Once logged on the Bank of America WORKS system, the employee must provide their Social Security Number (SSN), Date of Birth, Home Address, and requested Travel cycle limit.
- The employee will have to agree to the Terms and Conditions provided by Bank of America in order for the application to proceed to the agency Travel Program Administrator for approval. If the employee does not reply, the card request will be declined.
- Once the application is completed in works and authorized by the Travel Card Program Administrator, the request will be reviewed by Bank of America. Bank of America will perform a soft credit check is defined as a request the credit limit on your card. Travel cycle limits are $1,000 (light traveler, $1,500 (moderate traveler), $2,500 (frequent traveler), $5,000 (constant traveler). If approved, the travel card will be issued and sent via US mail to the home address on the application. The cardholder will receive the card within 3 to 7 business days.
- All corporate travel cardholder are required to complete an annual cardholder training. Cardholders will be notified when the training is available. Failure to complete the training will result in the travel card being canceled.
- All charges made using the corporate charge card is the cardholder’s responsibility and payable in full each month regardless if the cardholder has been reimbursed for expenses. The cardholder’s account will be temporarily suspended if the account is more than 61 years past due. The deducted from the cardholder’s paycheck per the Employee Agreement, if the account is more than 91 years days past due.
- Cardholders are responsible for maintaining their card delivery and statement billing address (their home address only) with Bank of America. They can either change it online via WORKS, or by calling the Bank of America Customer Service at (888) 449-2273. Virginia State’s Program Administrator’s cannot maintain address of Employee Paid (individual Liability) travel cards.