The VSU Campus Community Police Academy seeks to increase the involvement and knowledge of VSU citizens. The Academy is designed to allow faculty, staff, and students the opportunity to learn more about VSU Police and Security forces.
The Academy serves approximately 20 citizens per semester. All applicants must fill out an application (PDF) and submit to a background check.
- Applicants will be screened. This includes, but is not limited to, a criminal history check, a DMV check and a police contact check.
- Participants must be at least 19 years of age.
- Participants must submit an application and a liability waiver (PDF).
- Participants will be required to show a valid Virginia Driver’s License or other photo identification at the first class session.
- Participants must be VSU employees or students. All others will require special permission for participation.
- Overview of VSU Police Department
- Campus Safety
- Patrol Procedures
- Emergency Management
- Campus Policy
- Police Investigation
- Public Safety
- Arrest, Search and Seizure
- Learn about firearms and firearm safety