The Office of Planning and Institutional Effectiveness (OPIE) is the central coordinating office for activities relating to institutional effectiveness and institutional accountability. OPIE seeks to provide reliable, systematic, and timely information to academic and administrative units in support of the University’s policy formation, planning, and decision-making.
The mission of the Office of Planning and Institution Effectiveness (OPIE) is to coordinate institution-wide planning, assessment, evaluation, and institutional research activities in support of the University's four-part mission of instruction, research, extension and outreach.
These activities include strategic and operational planning, assessment, institutional research, and institutional and compliance reporting with state, federal, and accrediting agencies. The Office's efforts are directed toward identifying, analyzing, and monitoring internal and external trends and developments that influence the University's mission and strategic vision.
We seek to become TRUE (Trusted, Reliable, Unbiased, and Effective) strategic advisors for all University constituents to support continuous institutional improvements and overall institutional effectiveness.
OPIE fulfills it's mission by:
- Coordinating and assisting with the development and implementation of the university’s comprehensive planning structure of strategic plan, six-year plan, and annual integrated operational and budget plans.
- Developing and maintaining an electronic retrieval database of information pertaining to students, faculty, staff, academic programs, fiscal resources, library learning resources, physical plant and other areas as deemed necessary to assist administration in grant development initiatives, managing daily operations and making informed decisions.
- Coordinating and assisting in conducting surveys and research projects pertaining to institutional administration, policy issues, and program development.
- Collecting, analyzing, and disseminating key institutional data reports to internal and external constituencies.
- Completing and responding to all mandatory and voluntary reports and surveys, with accurate data, required from OPIE by federal, state, and regional agencies and accrediting bodies.
- Serving as a clearinghouse for all university related surveys, questionnaires, and inquiries in order to maintain the accuracy and consistency of the data contained.
- Maintaining a historic repository of vital information on the University.
- Conducting assessment and evaluation of the activities associated with the outcomes of institutional goals and objectives, reviews of academic, administrative and educational support programs and services.
- Managing the Student Course Evaluation process.
- Managing the commercial testing function in which the University serves as a testing center for Educational Testing Service and the College Board.
- Supporting institutional and professional program accreditations and certifications.