Governor McAuliffe Announces Board Appointments
Published date: June 3, 2014
Today Governor Terry McAuliffe announced his appointments to the boards that govern Virginia’s higher education system, including the Boards of Visitors for Virginia colleges and universities, the Virginia State Board for Community Colleges and the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia.
“Virginia’s higher education system is one of the best in the world and a cornerstone of our economic future,” said Governor McAuliffe. “As I spoke with each of these appointees I urged them to use their positions to help manage our colleges and universities prudently, to find cost efficiencies in order to keep tuition rates as low as possible and to embrace innovation in order to prepare every Virginia student to compete in a 21st Century economy.”
Virginia State University
· *Harry Black, of Baltimore, MD, City of Baltimore Chief Financial Officer
· Thursa D. Crittenden, of Suffolk, retired broadcast television and public affairs executive
· Charlie W. Hill, of Hampton, President of the Hampton Roads Prostate Health Forum and retired Executive Vice President, Human Resources of Landmark Communications, Inc.
· Dr. Alma C. Hobbs, of Richmond, retired
· Xavier R. Richardson, of Spotsylvania, Executive Vice President, Mary Washington Healthcare