For Separating Employees
Upon learning of an employee’s separation from the university, the immediate supervisor of the home department shall initiate a Personnel Action Form (A21). Prompt completion of the A21 will manage a smooth separation for employees and allow sufficient time for appropriate areas of the University to reconcile accounts or collect materials and property. A terminating employee is responsible for obtaining the signatures of the individuals listed in the various departments on the attached page. To assist in this process, below is a list of departments and what may be needed for that area.
To be completed by Supervisor/Manager:
- Notify Payroll at 524-5709 of an employee’s separation date immediately at the notification of separation.
- Collect institutional property (i.e., keys, pager, phone, uniforms, Policy/Procedure manuals etc.) and promptly return the employee’s identification card to the VSU One Card Office.
- Notify appropriate computer facilities and Telecommunications (OIT) of network user code and mainframe access clearance, email account clearance and telephone long distance card.
- Discontinue authorization of BANNER Information System.
To be completed by employee:
In addition to items listed on the clearance form, you must seek financial clearance from the below offices.
- Contact Purchasing department to cancel access to travel and purchase cards. If applicable, refer departing employees to the Cash Management and Cashier’s offices to reconcile outstanding accounts.
- Contact Traffic Regulatory office for parking permit cancellation and payment of outstanding fines.
- Notify Training Coordinator for any outstanding Tuition Waiver and/or Training materials-
- Call Human Resources for exit interview and change of address form. Please contact HR at email@example.com or call 804-524-5090, room 101
Please click on the Clearance Form