Saturday, October 20 vs. Lincoln University
- 8 a.m. Continental Breakfast; Gateway Dining and Event Center [$15 pp (incl. parade transportation); purchase tickets here]
- 9 a.m. Homecoming Parade; Downtown Petersburg
- 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. Vendors Bazaar; Band Field
- Noon President's Tailgate; Gateway Dining & Event Center (registration required; one guest maximum; register here)
- 2 p.m. Football Game vs. Lincoln University; Rogers Stadium ($20 general admission, FREE for students; buy tickets here)
- 8 p.m. Step Show; Multipurpose Center
Homecoming 2018 is underway in Trojan Nation! The Virginia State University football team is set to host their second home game of the 2018 season on Saturday, Oct. 20 as they face the Lions of Lincoln University. The Aspire televised game is slated to kickoff at 2:00 p.m. at Rogers Stadium.
Live coverage of the contest can be found on www.govsutrojans.com and WVST 91.3 FM. Trojan football fans online can access the radio broadcast by visiting our radio station stream. Live stats are also available by visiting http://www.sidearmstats.com/vsu/football/.
The Virginia State University Homecoming Committee is busy preparing for this year’s event. The Homecoming Parade Sub-Committee is requesting your assistance in making this year’s parade the best ever. We are inviting you to enter and be a part of the Homecoming Parade. All floats must illustrate this year’s Parade Theme: 2018 Transformation.
Homecoming this year will take place on Saturday, October 20, and the parade will commence at 9 a.m. The assembly area will be at Union Train Station in Old Town Petersburg. All participants are expected to arrive and check-in at the assembly area no later than 7 a.m. The parade will begin on River Street, and traveling West on Old Street and Grove Avenue, to traveling North onto Chesterfield Avenue and will disband at Ettrick Elementary School in Chesterfield. Any late arrivals WILL NOT participate in this year’s parade.
Experience Homecoming from a different perspective! Bring your tents, grills, chairs and game spirit to cheer on the Trojans from our Tailgating Lot (Lot #28). Fee is $175 for cars and trucks, and $200 for campers and RVs. Access the 2018 tailgating form here.