Approved List of Students for Commencement
In order for your name to appear on the approved list, you must be academically cleared by the Registrar and the Department Chairperson. Senior grades are due in the system by 5:00 PM Tuesday, December 11, 2018.
Commencement Financial Requirements
The $60.00 Graduation Fee is due by December 3, 2018.The deadline to clear all account balances and student fees (telephone balances, parking fines, uni-versity loans and unpaid tuition and fee balances) is December 3, 2018. If you have not cleared your account balance, you will not receive your diploma or official transcripts until your balance has been paid. All payments can be made on-line via the web at www.vsu.edu, click on Trojan Link, and select Banner. Payments can also be made at the Cashiers Office in person, by mail (Cashiers Office, VSU, and PO Box 9125, Petersburg, VA 23806) or via tele-phone (804-524-5150). Payments must include the student’s name and V-number.
Exit Interviews – Stafford Loans
The U.S. Department of Education requires that all recipients of a Federal Stafford Loan must complete mandatory exit interviews with the Office of Financial Aid. Failure to complete the mandatory exit interviews will result in you not receiving your diploma. To complete the exit interview students must complete the following steps:
- Complete the on-line Exit Counseling at www.studentloans.gov
2. The in-person sessions will be conducted on the following dates:
- Thursday, October 25th, 9AM-4PM Foster Hall 300 (no session from 12-1pm)
- Saturday, October 27th, 9AM-12 Noon Foster Hall 300
- Monday, October 29th, 9AM-4PM Foster Hall 300 (no session from 12-1pm)
- Tuesday, October 30th, 10AM-5PM Foster Hall 300 (no session from 1-2pm)
- Wednesday, October 31st, 9AM-4PM Foster Hall 300 (no session from 12-1pm)
Sessions begin EVERY HOUR (Ex. 9am, 10am, etc.)
It is important that you are aware and understand the various repayment options available to you in managing your student loan debt. Specifically, the Exit Interview will cover the following:
- A repayment plan that will fit your circumstances;
- Make repaying your loans as simple as possible
- Develop a workable budget for your new life out of school
- Review your rights and responsibilities as a Federal Direct Loan Borrower.
For more information, please contact the Office of Financial Aid at (800) 823-7214 or (804) 524-5990..
Exit Interviews – Perkin Loans
The U.S. Department of Education requires that all recipients of a Federal Perkins Loan must complete mandatory exit interviews with the Office of Student Accounts. Failure to complete the mandatory exit interviews will result in you not receiving your diploma.
Federal Perkins Loan Exit Interviews will be done through Heartland (ECSI), our loan ser-vicer. If an exit interview is needed for a Federal Perkins Loan, you will receive notifica-tion from Heartland (ECSI), and the VSU Collections Office, along with instructions on how to complete the exit.
If you were awarded a Federal Perkins Loan and you do not receive notification or if you have any questions/concerns, please feel free to contact the Office of Student Accounts at (804) 524-5339.