Fiscal Year 2017
Donors who contributed to Virginia State University during Fiscal Year 2017 (July 1, 2016 – June 30, 2017) will receive the following as acts of appreciation for their contribution.
President’s Club Donors - $1,500 (or more):
- Advance registration to the Presidential Homecoming Luncheon (October 14, 2017)
- Two tickets to the Homecoming Football Game (October 14, 2017)
- Special recognition at VSU events.
University Club Donors - $5,000 (or more):
- President’s Club benefits
- Invitation to the President’s Box (Football) and President’s Suite (Basketball). Invitation is subject to availability and on a first come, first serve basis. Donors will be notified in advance.
Board Club Donors - $10,000 (or more):
- President’s Club & University Club benefits
- Special invitations to VSU functions including the Richmond Forum, Chamber of Commerce and other special events.
- Fall & Spring Semester updates from the President and Provost.
All benefits are subject to change and based on availability.
Fiscal Year 2018
Below are Donor Recognition changes which will take effect on July 1, 2017:
Donors will be recognized for their charitable contributions to Virginia State University (and the Virginia State University Foundation) based on their total fiscal year giving. The following are the revised donor recognition societies at Virginia State University:
University Club Donors – ($1,500 - $2,499): Homecoming Football Game Tickets (2)
Leadership Club Donors – ($2,500 - $4,999): University Club benefits and invitation to December & May Commencement Ceremonies
President’s Club Donors – ($5,000 - $9,999): Leadership Club benefits and an invitation to President’s Box (Football games) and President’s Suite (Basketball games).
Board Club Donors – ($10,000 - $24,999): President’s Club benefits and invitation to special events such as the Richmond Forum and Chamber of Commerce events.
Founder’s Club Donors – ($25,000+): Board Club benefits and special Presidential and Provost updates each semester.
All Donors will receive:
- VSU Alumni Magazine (July & January)
- Recognition Ribbons at VSU events.
Donor recognition ribbons at VSU events:
- 1882 Society: Donors who contribute to Virginia State University (or the VSU Foundation) at least ten consecutive fiscal years. Contributions must be outright gifts and do not include any matching or soft credit contributions.
- Powell Society: Donors who designate Virginia State University (or the VSU Foundation) in their estate plans. To learn more about Planned Giving at VSU, please contact the Office of Institutional Advancement at 804-524-6986 or click here.
- VSU Trifecta Donor: Any individual who is a member of the 1882 Society, Powell Society and is a current fiscal year donor. These donors demonstrate their complete belief, value and investment in Virginia State University.
The VSU Board of Visitors approved a new minimum of $25,000 to establish an Endowed Scholarship at Virginia State University. Donors have five years to meet the minimum level before awards can be distributed. Funds will be disbursed at a rate of 4.75% per year. Administrative fees will apply.
For more information or to obtain your VSU giving history, contact the Office of Institutional Advancement at (804) 524-5045 or firstname.lastname@example.org.