Fiscal Year 2019
Virginia State University and the Office of Institutional Advancement are grateful for the financial investments donors give to the University. Below are the Recognition Societies and the tokens of appreciation received:
- VSU Alumni Magazine, which is produced twice per fiscal year.
- Recognition ribbons at VSU events.
- Birthday Cards from the Office of Institutional Advancement
Donor Clubs [based on giving between Fiscal Year 2018 (July 1, 2017 – June 30, 2018) or Fiscal Year 2019 (July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2019).]
University Club: Fiscal Year contribution which totals between $1,500 - $2,499.
- Annual VSU Calendar
Leadership Club: Fiscal Year contribution which total between $2,500 - $4,999.
- University Club benefits
- Invitations to December and May Commencement Ceremonies.
President’s Club Donors: Fiscal year contribution which totals between $5,000 - $9,999.
- Leadership Club benefits and an invitation to the President’s Box (during home football games) and/or the President Suite (during home basketball games). NOTE: invitation includes one home game excluding Homecoming.
- VSU Annual Report on Gifts and Contributions
Board Club Donors:Fiscal Year contribution which totals between $10,000 - $24,999.
- President’s Club benefits
- Invitations to special events such as the Richmond Forum and Chamber of Commerce events.
Founder’s Club Donors:Fiscal Year contribution which totals $25,000 or greater.
- Board Club benefits
- Special Presidential and Provost updates each semester.
1882 Society: Donors who contribute to Virginia State University (or the VSU Foundation) at least ten consecutive fiscal years (FY2009 – FY2018). Contributions must be outright gifts and do not include any matching or soft credit contributions.
Powell Society: Donors who designate Virginia State University (or the VSU Foundation) in their estate plans. To learn more about Planned Giving at VSU, please contact the Office of Institutional Advancement at 804-524-5045 or click here.
VSU Trifecta Donor: Any individual who is a member of the 1882 Society, Powell Society and is a current fiscal year donor. These donors demonstrate their complete belief, value, and investment in Virginia State University.
Endowed Scholarships provide perpetual resources to support the advancement of the institution. Donors have two options to establish an endowed scholarship:
University Endowed Scholarships:
The minimum to establish an endowed scholarship with Virginia State University is $25,000. Donors have five years to reach the minimum level. Once the minimum level is reached, the vesting period is three years. Funds are disbursed at a rate of 4.75% per year. Administrative fees will apply.
Foundation Endowed Scholarships:
The minimum to establish an endowed scholarship with the Virginia State University Foundation is $10,000. Donors have three years to reach the minimum level. Once the minimum level is reached, the vesting period is three years. Funds are disbursed at a rate of 4.70% per year. Administrative fees will apply.
For more information about the Donor Clubs, Recognition Societies and Endowed Scholarships, please call (804) 524-5045 or email email@example.com.