Welcome to the Office of the Vice President of Finance and the Chief Financial Officer.
Finance is responsible for the operational and strategic management of the University's financial resources Our goal is to strengthen and align central financial functions with the University's core mission.
We are continually working to provide the fiscal and administrative counsel to the executive offices of the University ensuring it operates in the most collaborative, transparent and efficient manner.
Finance strives to become a trusted advisor to the rest of the campus, being engaged as an expert participant in the strategic decisions early in the process in order to add value to deliberations.
The Office of the Chief Financial Officer also collaborates with other higher education CFOs in the Commonwealth of Virginia, with other land-grant universities, and with Historically Black Colleges and Universities around the country on common financial and legislative concerns.
The Division consists of the following six major administrative offices:
- Finance - Led by Associate Vice President Sheila McNair
- Finance includes key areas such as Accounting, Administrative Services, Controller's Office, Procurement and One Card/Telecommunications. This office also provides the campus with a broad range of financial support services, financial information, procurement and materials management.
- Capital Outlay and Facilities - Led by Assistant Vice President Jane Harris
- Capital Outlay and Facilities provides the critical infrastructure services to the campus including plant operations, facilities planning, construction management, energy management, deferred maintenance and capital renewal projects.
- Budget - Led by Director Adrian Petway
- The Budget Office supports quality education by providing a solid financial foundation through identifying and facilitating the efficient allocation of resources, overseeing budget implementation, and preparing financial analysis that support planning.
- Risk Management - Led by Director Dale Mason
- Auxiliary Services - Led by Director Kimberly Adams